Due to this bug I'm unable to hit Ctl+S to save my file. Instead, I have to hit Ctrl+I which is not part of my muscle memory. Fixing the bug will probably improve my situation a bit.
It would still be great to have an auto-save feature. There are so many potential causes for the app "suddenly closing" leading to a loss of multiple hours of focused creative work. (already happened to me a few times, which is very frustrating).
Just to list a few:
- The app crashing due to a bug.
- The browser-container crashing due to a bug.
- My notebook suddenly deciding to reboot.
- My notebook running out of battery, just shutting down.
- Me closing the app accidentally.
- Me closing the app on purpose and just forgetting to save.
I would have to press Ctrl+S every minute or so, to not lose too much of my work.
Oh and I understand that your app is some form of offline PWA, and it's wonderful 🙂.
Still, you install it by first visiting a website in the browser.
The expectations of most users will be primed by that initial interaction, comparing it to similar web-based competitors like rive.app for animations.
Visual Studio Code needs to be downloaded and installed like any other "classic desktop app". This is different from what you are doing to install your apps.